Dutchess County Planning Department & Dutchess County Department of Health
The historic Poughkeepsie Journal building is a beautiful fieldstone edifice built in 1941 in the Dutch Colonial Revival style favored by President Franklin D. Roosevelt. When purchased by Page Park Associates, the industrial space was in need of repair, restoration and internal improvements suited to present day tenants. Mid Hudson Construction Management was brought in to convert the former newspaper loading dock into office space for Dutchess County Planning Department. A second phase entailed further redevelopment of the north end of the building for the Dutchess County Department of Health.
MHCM’s role included facilitating communication between multiple partners. The historic building was restored and respected. The project included substantial interior demolition and an infrastructure refit including rewiring and installation of low voltage lighting, HVAC system, and fulfillment of design specifications. MHCM was able to ensure that from the first down to the last 10% of the project was correct in every detail. While a project finish is frequently the most costly portion, it is also often a neglected area by other contractors. Not so with MHCM. This complex project was completed on time and on budget.